Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Learning to a Greater Degree Contract

Graduate in four years.

See what the Learning to a Greater Degree Contract means for you.

Check to see when you can enroll

Check to see when you can enroll in classes.

Apply for graduation
Student Success Center

JCK Library Room 3150
8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday

Mentoring, Advocacy and Peer Support

Need one-on-one social or academic assistance?

Visit the Mentoring, Advocacy and Peer Support Office.

Advising - FAQ

How do I make an appointment with my academic advisor?

To schedule an appointment with your advisor, you will need to call or stop by the appropriate Academic Advising Center. Please do not email your advisor directly as appointments cannot be made via email.

You can find information on the college advising centers on the left column of this page or by going to the advising home page and finding your major on the drop down menu. Contact information for each advising center is at the top of each page. If you are uncertain of a major, you should visit the Gateway Center.

Plan ahead, and schedule an appointment with your advisor early. Advisors are typically booked several weeks in advance during busy enrollment times.

How do I get my holds removed?

Different offices on campus may put a hold on your account because you have not provided them with something (forms, official transcripts, money) or because they need to speak with you prior to your enrollment. If you have any holds on your record, you will not be able to add or drop any classes for the current or future semesters. It is important to know what the hold is for and which office has placed it on your account.

You can check your account for holds by logging into MyCentral. Choose the "Student Services" tab, "UCM Student Records," and "View Holds." If you have a hold, it will tell you which office has put on the hold. Contact that office as soon as possible to clear the hold. Academic advisors can only remove advising holds, not other holds. Check the list of offices that place holds.

What do I do if I have a hold on my account and I need to drop or withdraw from a course?

Visit your college's academic advising office, and they can assist you in dropping or withdrawing from courses with a hold on your account. You will not be able to add courses until the hold is removed.

Why do we take General Education?

General education isn't simply a collection of courses or lectures. General education cultivates fundamental skills that will help you succeed in your major and your career; general education improves your ability in areas such as communication, critical thinking and problem solving. General education helps you demonstrate your ability to apply knowledge and skills in real-world settings, and general education enhances your development of a sense of social and civic responsibility.

How do my credit hours transfer to UCM?

In order to have credits transfor to UCM, request your previous institution to send a copy of your official transcript showing the transfer credits to the UCM Admissions Office (WDE 1400). The Admissions Office posts all transfer work to your UCM record. Make sure that your final grades are on the transcript before having it sent to UCM. If you earned a degree at another institution, make sure that the degree is listed on your transcript.

Once transcripts are entered onto UCM's system, your courses will appear on your Central Degree Audit (on MyCentral). Courses that have been articulated to UCM's courses will be on the Course Equivalency site and will automatically be listed on your audit as equivalent to a UCM course. You should meet with your academic advisor with questions or if there are courses that have not been articulated.

When do I enroll in classes for next semester?

Enrolling in your courses is one of the most important things you will do each semester. Each student is assigned a particular Enrollment Access Date based on hours earned, not including hours in progress. Hours earned can be found on your unofficial transcript on MyCentral. Because classes and sections can fill quickly, students are strongly encouraged to complete their enrollment on this date. You may access MyCentral beginning at 7 a.m. on your enrollment access date. Each day, approximately 700 new students have access to enroll — waiting a few hours could make a big difference in your schedule.

Who do I speak with about Studying Abroad?

Study abroad is arranged through the International Center located in Elliott Student Union 302. The International Center has a Study Abroad staff that can speak with you about where and when to study abroad. Your academic advisors can assist you with some of the study abroad forms, but it is up to you to complete all documents to have coursework return to UCM and be counted as a specific requirement.

What is UCM Lee's Summit?

UCM Lee's Summit satellite campus. Summit Center houses courses for limited undergraduate programs and offers several completion degrees.

Where can I find internships?

Internships are typically handled through the academic departments. If you are required to do an internship or you are interested in adding an internship to your experience, you should contact your academic department.

Note: Business and Aviation majors will need to contact the Center for Business Internships.

A great resource for finding an internship is the Office of Career Services and Mules4Hire.