Apply to Join Red Lead
Congratulations on being nominated by a faculty or staff member as one of their best students for our new student leadership group, The Red Lead. The next step in the process is to complete the application to become a member. This is a highly select group because of the level of interaction members have with university, alumni and philanthropic leaders.
To apply for one of the 29 positions, you must have:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Prove one semester of enrollment at UCM
- Be able to work the Fall 2015-16 academic year as an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student
Sound interesting? Apply for one of the positions below by completing our online application by March 24. We are seeking students to fill positions in two core groups, executive and network. After applying, we will contact you.
Executive (eight positions available):
- Vice president for the College of Art, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Vice president for the Harmon College of Business and Professional Studies
- Vice president for the College of Education
- Vice president for the College of Health, Sciences, and Technology
- Vice president for Athletics
- Vice president for Greek life
- Vice president for International community
The student appointed as president is expected to work 15 hours per week on campus outreach, alumni relations and engagement projects. He or she will interact with students, faculty, staff and alumni during events and organize monthly and bi-monthly meetings.The president will receive a $700 scholarship, funded through the UCM Foundation, for each semester served.
Students appointed to vice president positions are expected to work 10 hours per week on campus outreach, alumni relations and engagement projects. As a vice president, students will be expected to interact with students, faculty, staff, and alumni during events and attend monthly and bi-monthly meetings. Each vice president will receive a $500 scholarship, funded through the UCM Foundation, for each semester served.
Network (21 positions available, 3 in each area):
- College of Art, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Harmon College of Business and Professional Studies
- College of Education
- College of Health, Sciences, and Technology
- Greek life
- International community
If chosen for a network position, students will volunteer at campus events and are required to attend Homecoming and the 50-Year Reunion. Networkers do not have a set number of hours to work each week and do not receive a scholarship. Networkers are expected to attend monthly meetings.
Red Lead represents UCM’s primary color, red, with the “ed” given special treatment to emphasize the importance of education, the focus of both the missions of the Foundation and Alumni Association.