Videotaped practice (mock) interview sessions allow you the opportunity to role-play a job interview with a career professional, during which you review, receive feedback on, and sharpen your interviewing skills.
- Know yourself interests, skills, strengths, weaknesses and goals.
- Dress professionally and bring a copy of your resume.
- Plan ahead! Appointments are limited and can fill early. Schedule by calling Career Services, 660-543-4985.
- Mock interviews are generally 60 minutes in length; include 10-15 minutes of feedback.
- A great opportunity for your resume to be reviewed as well.
On the day of your Practice Interview, make sure you:
- Dress professionally .
- Prepare .
- Bring your resume .
- Arrive on time.
- Make allies of everyone: be friendly and courteous to the receptionist and any others you may encounter .
- Concentrate on the first impression; use direct eye contact and a firm handshake .
- Establish rapport, be optimistic, sincere, enthusiastic, and open .
- Express your willingness to learn and enthusiasm for your profession .
- Discuss what YOU can offer them not what THEY can do for you.