UCM's Big Idea Student Competition was a hit! Thank you to our Judges (Dr. Curtis, Rob Sweeney & Steve Larson) and also to Honorary Host Representative for their support and participation.
Amber Pope - 1st Place Winner - D.I.Y. Cupcake Shop
(2012 Big Idea Winners and Dr. Curtis and Rep. Hartzler - L-R: Dr. Curtis, Provost; Charles Kahl - 4th place; Iysha Roberson - 5th place; Bert Kersting III - 3rd place; Jayme Mattson & Mallory Anning - 2nd place, Amber Pope - 1st place and Representative Vicky Hartzler)
Entrepreneurial Innovation and Development Corporation d/b/a Entrepreneur Zone
At the Entrepreneurial Innovation and Development Corporation, aka, the Innovation Center, d/b/a Entrepreneur Zone, our vision is for Missouri to become the home of world-class research institutions and companies whose technologies and products bring about abundant jobs, a vibrant economy and healthy citizens.
The mission of the Entrepreneur Zone is to promote, advocate and provide leadership and support of technology access for Missouri companies and citizens so they can enhance research, development, and technology commercialization, which will create economic growth, sustainable jobs and wealth.
Features & Benefits
We have a dynamic staff and Board of Directors that bring their wealth of experience to the table to assist you in such areas as:
- New business creation
- Business expansion
- Innovation and Business incubation
- Sales and marketing
- Business Management
- Advanced manufacturing
- Financial management
- Product commercialization
We will help entrepreneurs and participating organizations answer…
- How do I create a “World Class” organization capable of delivering that product or service, reliability and profitability?
- What is needed to create a business that will be able to attract the right investors when the time comes?
- What kinds of training and/or resources are available to assist in establishing my business?
- What other offerings can we provide for our clients/members?
- How can I start an incubator in my town?
- What else can the Innovation Center do for us?
- How often will the Innovation Center be available to our clients/members?
- What other kinds of training or counseling will be offered?
We would like to thank you for your interest in the Entrepreneur Zone. Without the support from business and technical communities and utilization of the Innovation Center resources, we would not be able to fulfill our outreach goals. Working together with various Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Centers and Main Street organizations will offer a wealth of resources to the business community. We gratefully acknowledge financial support in part from The Missouri Technology Corporation and the Missouri Department of Economic Development.
Don’t hesitate to contact our experienced staff members for more information.