Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

graduate studies graphic
scholarships graphic


Central Degree (Programs of Study)

Central Degree is a web-based tool for students to monitor their academic progress toward degree completion. Central Degree allows students and their advisors to plan future academic coursework.

A Central Degree audit is a review of past, current and in-progress coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree, major and concentration.


Accessing your Central Degree

Access to Central Degree is through the web. Anywhere you can log in to MyCentral will allow you access to Central Degree. Please note that Internet Explorer is the only browser that is supported for Central Degrees.


Viewing classes needed to fulfill degree requirements

Central Degree is laid out in block format displaying degree, major, and concentration requirement information. Look for unchecked boxes to identify requirements that you still need to complete.



Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in Central Degree following the nightly refresh; however, though grades are viewable in MyCentral once posted by an instructor, final grades are not available in Central Degree until after the final grading period for the University had ended. Courses in-progress are listed with an "IP" grade.


Second Degrees/Majors

Central Degree is designed to show a listing of your degree and major in the student view audit. Additionally, each major is broken out into individual requirement blocks within the audit. Students pursuing simultaneous degrees will need to click on the Degree drop-down box at the top of the Student View audit in order to view the additional requirements.


Transfer Work

If transfer work does not appear on your Central Degree it could be for two reasons. First, the course did not meet either the minimum number of credits and/or minimum grade requirement for the use in your program of study. Second, all requirements have been met and the course is simply not needed.


Course Substitutions

If a substitution does not appear on your central degree you should contact your advisor to resolve the substitution issue. Any waivers, substitutions, or exceptions for major or concentration requirements should be processed by your academic advisor or department chairperson.