|10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016
Elliott Union Mall
(rain location- TBD)
Put Your Imagination to Work
Donation Creation is an opportunity for student organizations to show their creativity with charitable donations. Each organization will need to gather non-perishable food items to create a 3-D scene to represent this year’s UCM Homecoming theme. Creations will be judged at 3:00 p.m. based on their creativity, relation to the theme, and originality.
- Any student group may enter. There is no limit on the number of students the group may use to create its display.
- Groups may use any nonperishable food item to create its display. ALL products must be within expiration date. (Hygiene products are acceptable / e.g.. toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, razors)
- NO Chalking Allowed.
- Platforms, for stability, are allowed. (No bigger than 4’x4’ & no higher than 4” off of the ground)
- Groups may not damage the packaging of products with adhesive agents such as scotch tape, duct tape, glue or, other sealants. Writing directly on the products is not allowed.
- A minimum of 100 items per group must be used. Items will be counted by the HLC Donation Creation chair(s). There is no maximum on number of items per group.
- Judging will be based on 50% originality, 25% identifiable, and 25% theme.
- One person from each organization is required to check in and be completed by 3:00 p.m.
- Creation “locations” CANNOT be CLAIMED or RESERVED until Check In is complete.
- All creations should include school spirit and be supportive of the UCM community.
- Items used in the displays will be donated to the local Warrensburg Food Center & UCM Campus Cupboard.
- If rain occurs, the event will be moved inside to the Lower Courts of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
- All groups are REQUIRED to save their boxes and pick up trash before judging occurs.