For Prospective Students
What can I do with a Major in Music?
Ever wonder about the career opportunities available for musicians? read more...
Why study music at UCM?
- Quality faculty: You will work and study with a great
number of the faculty at any institution. At UCM, you will be impressed with
the interest the each UCM faculty member takes in the individual student.
- Supportive students: The students here are truly
interested in their own success and the success of their peers. They will
take an active interest in you, and help you to learn and grow. This is a
great thing, because these same students will be your colleagues in the
- Scholarships: We are proud of the support we
receive from scholarship donors and the UCM administration to assist music
students with their academic studies. We look forward to hearing your
- Size of program: This size of program is perfect for the study of music. It is big enough to provide you with many student colleagues, and a variety of faculty, but also small enough that you will have sufficient performing opportunities to provide you with the greatest success as a musician.
How to get started
|Apply for admission to
Need more information? click here...
|Go to Step #2 on our Scholarships and Auditions page.|
- New students complete only the Application to Music/Scholarship Audition on-line form, which makes students eligible for any Foundation Scholarships for which they meet the specific criteria. ...read more
Resources for Prospective Music Majors
- Majoring in Music: All the Stuff You Need To Know (by Rich Holly)
- The Savvy Musician: Building a Career, Earning A Living & Making A Difference (by David Cutler)
- Great Jobs for Music Majors (by Jan Goldberg)
100 Careers in the Music Business (by Tanya Crouch)