Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content


Expecting a Refund?

Federal financial aid (Pell Grant, SEOG, Perkins Loan, and Stafford Loan) may be applied to allowable charges only (tuition, incidental fees, general fees, textbook rental fees and on-campus room and board charges).  You may authorize UCM to pay educationally related charges such as parking permits, library charges and child care expenses by logging in to MyCentral and completing the authorization. You may cancel or modify this authorization at any time with written notification to Student Financial Services, Ward Edwards Bldg Room 1100.  Your cancelation, once received, will immediately be in effect and cannot be retroactive. 

Only “authorized” aid can be refunded.  You may check your financial aid status in MyCentral by clicking the Student Services tab and navigating to the Financial Aid checklist.  This checklist is a tool to assist you in identifying any incomplete financial aid requirement(s) and links you to resources to satisfy the requirement(s).

If you have more financial aid than University charges, the credit will be processed at the end of the first week of the semester. Refunds can be directly deposited to your checking or savings account or sent by check. Refunds will continue to be processed on a weekly basis throughout the semester.

If you’re expecting to receive a non-UCM scholarship which does not yet appear on your account, the funds may not yet have reached the University.  Please contact the sponsor or donor of the scholarship and request that the check (made payable to UCM) be provided as soon as possible to Student Financial Services.