Each year the Department of Theatre and Dance awards a number of scholarships to incoming freshmen and upperclassmen. The scholarships, which may be renewed in subsequent years, are usually balanced between freshmen and upperclassmen. These awards recognize scholarship and achievement in theatre. The conditions and amounts vary somewhat from year to year.
Anyone interested in applying for scholarships, or making donations, should contact the theatre office for more information.
Scholarships offered by the Department: (The following scholarship applications may be accessed by going to ucmo.edu/mocents. For instructions visit ucmo.edu/foundation/help/scholarships.cfm. For more information visit Scholarships : University of Central Missouri
- James L. Highlander Scholarship
- Janet Ulrich Technical Theatre Award
- Charles G. and Laura Keynon Kuhn Distinguished Theatre Artist Award
- Nina L. Devenny Distinguished Theatre Artist Scholarship
- Virgil E. See Scholarship
- Mancow Muller Theatre Scholarship
- The Loneta Pearce Scholarship for the Promotion of Theatre Arts
- The Lucy Bergman Memorial Scholarship in Theatre
- Dr. Robert G. and Sarah W. Schwartz Scholarship in Theatre
When you apply for any of the above Foundation Scholarships, you will also be considered for the Ambassador Scholarship. To apply for the Peer Mentor scholarship, click on the link, fill out the application and send it to the address listed on the application.
- Peer Mentor Scholarship
If you'd like to contribute to a Department of Theatre and Dance scholarship, please complete this brief online form.