“What to do in case of accident / injury”
2016 – UCM Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors
Minor injury – first aid only – no medical treatment needed
- Report injury to instructor, supervisor, or building manager immediately.
- Instructor, supervisor, or building manager will document basic information regarding injury, such as who, what, where, when, how and if any hazards were present. Call or email information to Lori Dake, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager as soon as possible. firstname.lastname@example.org or 660-543-4137
Injury requiring medical attention – not life threatening
- Contact Public Safety @ 660-543-4123. Be prepared to give specific incident details to the Dispatcher and if injury is work-related.
- If work related, employee must contact supervisor immediately. Public Safety will contact EHS Manager/EHS Representative.
- A UCM police officer will respond to assist and will complete an Emergency Aid Report.
Injury – Life Threatening
- Do Not move the patient unless the patient is in danger at current location.
- Call 911. Request an ambulance. Be prepared to give specific information about patient and location. Note à 911 Operator will notify Public Safety if injury is on UCM Campus. Stay on phone until given OK.
- Have someone meet the Emergency Responders and guide them to the patient.
- UCM Dispatch will send a UCM Police Officer to assist until an ambulance arrives.
- If work related, UCM Dispatcher will contact EHS Manager/EHS Representative and employee’s supervisor.
- EHS Manager/EHS Representative or employee’s supervisor will contact the employee’s emergency contact, if appropriate.
- EHS Manager/EHS Representative and supervisor will help complete required State of Missouri Workers Compensation paperwork at the hospital and contact CARO for authorization.
NOTE à If work related injury, the State of Missouri Workers Compensation – CARO must authorize medical treatment. This does NOT preclude medical treatment in emergency situations. CARO will not approve treatment at the University Health Center.
What to do in case of accident/injury PDF