Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Registrar & Student Records

Ward Edwards 1000
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660.543.4900
Fax: 660.543.8400



The information on this page is for undergraduate students only. Graduate students can learn about academic standing in the Graduate Catalog available here.

What is Reinstatement?

The reinstatement of undergraduate students who have been suspended or dismissed from Central Missouri is not automatic or guaranteed.  Petitions will be evaluated by the academic college of your major.  If you are changing majors since your last enrollment, your new major will make the reinstatement decision. The Registrar's Office does not review reinstatement petitions. Contact your academic advisor with any questions regarding pending petitions.

Such students may petition for reinstatement as follows:

  1. Students who have been suspended may petition for reinstatement after sitting out for one regular semester. Summer semester is not a regular semester. Students who have been dismissed may petition for reinstatement after one calendar year.
  2. A student with extenuating circumstances (serious illness, death in the family, etc.) beyond their control who has been suspended or dismissed may petition for immediate (or early) reinstatement. Early reinstatement is not granted often.  If a student believes their circumstances are extenuating to this level, they should contact their Dean's office. Students petitioning for an early reinstatement will be expected to provide: (1) a detailed explanation of the extenuating circumstances for earlier poor performance, (2) an explanation of activities and plans which may lead to improved scholastic performance at UCM, and (3) substantiating evidence documenting the extenuating circumstances (letter from physician, police report, etc.).

How do I petition for reinstatement?

Undergraduate students can petition for reinstatement by logging into their MyCentral account, and selecting the "Reinstatement" link on the "Student Services" tab. Students are strongly encouraged to petition by the following dates to allow time for a decision to be made in time for enrollment for the following semester. 


If you wish to return in this semester: It is recommended to petition by: Petitions will be accepted through:
Fall Semester March 1st July 15th
Spring Semester October 1st November 15th
Summer Semester March 1st April 15th


How do I get back into good academic standing?

Undergraduate students are considered in good standing when both their Central Missouri GPA and cumulative GPA are at least a 2.00.

How does reinstatement affect my financial aid?

If and when you are reinstated, the UCM Office of Student Financial Services will be notified, and your aid will be reviewed and reinstated if you meet eligibility criteria. Questions regarding financial assistance may be directed to the Office of Student Financial Services at 660-543-8266.

Eligibility for academics and eligibility for financial aid, while connected, are two different things.  A student can be reinstated to attend the university but remain ineligible for financial aid.  To qualify for financial aid, students must make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).


In addition, changes in 2012 federal financial aid policy allow students to repeat courses that they previously earned a grade of D or higher in only once. Students who repeat such courses for a third (or subsequent) time will not qualify for financial aid for the course and may need to add additional courses to reach 12 qualified credit hours to receive federal financial aid.  Details of the UCM course repeat policy can be found here.